Its beginnings were still in a bit of emotional turmoil. The middle was filled the fallout from a medical event. As it came to an end, most things had settled down to a pretty stable routine.
I think the best way I can sum up 2011 is it was a year of either looking back at 2010 or looking forward towards 2012.
That said some highlights from 2011:
● An externship at the Hollywood Farmer’s Kitchen doing food preservation.
● Roasting my own coffee (and getting a mention in the LA Times because of it).
● Traveling to Portland Timbers matches in Portland, San Jose, Vancouver & and going to both matches in LA.
● Reading more books than 2010.
● Beer Belly (a craft beer bar — not my actual beer belly) and the great folks I’ve met there.
I am definitely looking forward to this year…there are big changes in store and I’m excited for them to come to fruition. But those are for a future post.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.rhinoblues.com/thoughts/2012/twenty-eleven/
Total pages read: 23,992
Shortest book: 81 pages
Longest book: 985 pages
Last book read:
82. House of Holes by Nicholson Baker. A bunch of interlinked raunchy tales from the master of literary pornography. 262 pages. (Finished 24 Dec 2011).
Full list below the cut:
Permanent link to this article: https://www.rhinoblues.com/thoughts/2011/books-ive-read-in-2011/