Total Pages Read: 3,520
Shortest Book: 96 pages
Longest Book: 512 pages
Last Book Read:
12. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Starr watches as one of her oldest friends is killed by a white cop during a traffic stop. In the aftermath, she must discover who she is, who her friends are, and what her voice will be. 512 pages. (Finished 17 Mar 2019).
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollen. Pollen looks into the psychedelics and the new research being done about them. 477 pages. (Finished 4 Jan 2019).
- The Spicy Dehydrator Cookbook: 95 Incredible Recipes to Turn Up the Heat on Jerky, Hot Sauce, Fruit Leather and More by Michael Hultquist. I went to Powell’s to pick up a book on dehydrating (since I got myself a dehydrator for Christmas), and I also picked this book up as well. I’m looking forward to making things from it. 192 pages. (Finished 5 Jan 2019).
- The Dehydrator Bible by Jennifer MacKenzie, Jay Nutt, and Don Mercer. Includes over 400 recipes for both drying ingredients and creating dried meals that just need to be rehydrated. 391 pages. (Finished 26 Jan 2019).
- The Third Hotel by Laura van den Berg. Clare arrives in Havana for a conference she was supposed to attend with her husband. The problem, her husband died in an accident a few weeks before. The other problem, not long after arriving, she sees her husband standing outside a museum. 224 pages. (Finished 30 Jan 2019).
- The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami. I noticed this little novella when Powell’s was having a Murakami sale to coincide with the English language release of Killing Commendatore. I was a little surprised I wasn’t previously aware of it. A quick little novella that takes place in the basement of the local library with all the quirky traits you’d expect from a Murakami piece. 96 pages. (Finished 4 Feb 2019).
- Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J. Sullivan. Lydia has hidden herself and her past away by working in a bookstore and having no contact with her youth. All that changes when one of the bookstores regulars commits suicide in the store and she finds a picture of her as a kid sticking out of his pocket. 337 pages. (Finished 18 Feb 2019).
- Real Food Fermentation: Preserving Whole Fresh Food with Live Cultures in Your Home Kitchen by Alex Lewin. A nice introduction to fermentation for folks that may not be familiar with some of the principles already. It didn’t really cover anything that I didn’t already have other sources on, so its not something I’m adding to my library, but good for someone wanting to get into fermentation. 176 pages. (Finished 18 Feb 2019).
- The Dark Heart: A True Story of Greed, Murder, and an Unlikely Investigator by Joakim Palmkvist. A multimillionaire goes missing with no clues. Things seem a little strange, but nothing concrete comes along until one woman is finally able to put the pieces together (putting herself at risk at the same time). 293 pages. (Finished 27 Feb 2019).
- Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers by Peter Reinhart. A more advanced version of the Bread Baker’s Apprentice, really focuses on the formula’s and not just recipes. Something I wouldn’t mind eventually in my collection of bread books, but something I can wait for. 224 pages. (Finished 3 Mar 2019).
- The Shadow District by Arnaldur Indriðason. Reykjavík Wartime Mystery #1. An old man is found dead in his bed in what initially looks like a case of natural causes. However soon a connection to an old unsolved crime from World War II era Iceland comes up and the old man’s death isn’t as simple as it initially appeared. 304 pages. (Finished 4 Mar 2019).
- The Shadow Killer by Arnaldur Indriðason. Reykjavík Wartime Mystery #2. A traveling salesman is found murdered in a flat. The murder weapon is a Colt ’45, favored by the US soldiers that are in the process of taking over protection of Iceland from the British during World War II. Flóvent and Thorson have to track down who the dead salesman is and who might have murdered him. 304 pages. (Finished 11 Mar 2019).
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. Starr watches as one of her oldest friends is killed by a white cop during a traffic stop. In the aftermath, she must discover who she is, who her friends are, and what her voice will be. 512 pages. (Finished 17 Mar 2019).