What’s this? Things have suddenly gotten busy. Both in my off time and at work. So I’m running a little behind on my end of the year post. But tonight, I’m sitting down with some Yogurtland and finally getting it out here on the blog.
- I finished my year working as a lay minister at USC in May.
- I worked at a coffee shop (very part-time)…a first experience.
- I worked as an executive assistant for just over 2.5 months (during which my exec “left” the company)…another first experience.
- I finished the year (and am still) working as a supply chain planning analyst…again, a first experience.
- I lived in three different apartments.
- I didn’t make it back to Oregon until Christmas (making it a full year away).
- I read more books than last year (by one)
- I discovered lots of free (or inexpensive) things to do in LA.
- Like a bunch of movies screened for free, sometimes months before they opened to the general public.
- I reconnected with a few old friends.
- Married one of my friends (by performing the ceremony, not getting married myself)
All in all, it was a good year. After 1.5 years, I’ve got a small group of good friends. I even kind of like LA a little.
This coming year I’d like to:
- Read more books than last year.
- Practice yoga regularly
- Improve my diet (partially by getting rid of the fast food habit I fell into while working at USC)
- Make more friends
- Love people more