So I’ve had some time to think about the options for the next few months that I was considering last month. I have decided that the Los Angeles option is not going to happen. While it would be a great opportunity, now is not the time for that path.
As for the other option of pursuing some sort of mission work with the church…that is still on the radar, but as an attraction. Its something that I will explore more if for some reason my current discernment process stalls for some reason. For now I feel what is best is to keep going down the path I am already on.
It definitely did help that my roommate (and one of my best friends) has decided to stick around for awhile. He was considering moving back to where his family lives (St. Louis). So for now the status quo will remain in effect. Though we do have start looking for a new third roommate as our temporary roommate from Quebec is leaving mid-May.